After weeks of so many businesses being closed, we’re happy to bring you this list of art museums that are opening their doors to the public once again.
Kudos to each business that was able to pivot so quickly – we’ve seen art museums and fine art galleries continue to bring art to the people (and penguins, as you’ll see below) in innovative ways, including virtual exhibitions and 3-D tours. The Nelson-Atkins Museum even collaborated with Kansas City Zoo by welcoming a group of curious penguins inside to browse the artworks:
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City, OK: nationalcowboymuseum.org
- Hockaday Museum of Art, Kalispell, MT: hockadaymuseum.org
- The Brinton Museum, Big Horn, WY: thebrintonmuseum.org
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Cody, WY: centerofthewest.org
- Old West Museum, Cheyenne, WY: cfdrodeo.com/cfd-old-west-museum
- San Antonio Museum of Art, TX: samuseum.org/welcome
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX: mfah.org
Related Article from the NY Times > U.S. Museums Are Reopening: To See Monet, Don a Mask
Related Article from CBS News > Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts becomes first major art museum in the U.S. to reopen amid the coronavirus
If you know of additional museums that are now open, please feel free to share them with us in the comments below.