11 x 14 in
About the Artist:
“Her evocative plein air paintings express an intense response to observed nature, while her dynamic abstractions reflect a passionate energy and masterful sense of form.”
– From Dennis Wepman, Art Curator of Karpeles Museum.
Linda Richichi was born in Montgomery, New York. Richichi’s extensive plein air work since 1998 has given her a basis for creating studio pieces that are filled with nature’s energy.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art from SUNY New Paltz
– Art Students League in 1999 on Scholarship from the Pastel Society of America
– Years of study with modern masters including John P. Osborne at the Ridgewood Art
– The New York Times wrote about one of Linda’s workshops at the
Wainwright House in Rye, NY in 2015.
– International Artist Magazine, Master Painters of the World, Pastel
– The American Artist Magazine
– Art Times Journal– solo exhibit critiqued favorably
by art critic and editor, Raymond J. Steiner.
– Ft. Myers, Paint the Beach, 2015 HMs, 2016 Third Place
- Voted national Best Intuitive Artist from About.com (then a NY Times company) Readers Choice award in 2012
- Best of Show Ontario Purchase Award, at the International Plein
Air Painters (I.P.A.P.) Fourth Worldwide Paint Out at Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, Sept. 2006.
- Rowley Family Birthing Center at Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, NY for an entire healing art collection and continues to collect her work.
- Mini Cooper in Ramsey, NJ.
- Mercedes Benz in NJ.
- Harness Racing Museum, Goshen, NY, annual portrait 1996–present
Her landscape paintings traveled with the World Tour Exhibition titled “Far and Near Horizons” which included work of 20 Contemporary Landscape Artists selected from the International Plein Air Painters and the Landscape Artists InternationaI organizations.
Richichi was the first artist-in-residence at the SUNY Orange at the Newburgh Extension in 2008.
Richichi conducts workshops in the US, Italy, and on cruise ships.
Her work has been found in galleries around the North America including NYC, NY, PA, FL, WI, NJ, CO, and both coasts of Canada. She regularly showed in various galleries in the Hudson Valley Region and in NYC. Richichi now lives permanently in Sarasota, FL. She is represented by 530 Burns Gallery in Sarasota, FL and Nikki Sedacca Gallery, Edgartown, MA.
Past/ Present Memberships Include:
* Oil Painters of America
* Pastel Society of America (PSA)- Juried Associate member
* International Plein Air Painters (IPAP)- Signature Status
* New York Plein Air Painters (NYPAP)- Signature Status
* Portrait Society of America- Founding member (past)
* Landscape Artists International – Charter member
* Plein Air Florida
* Light Chasers