To the Moon and Back
5 x 7 in.
Acrylic on panel
Available through the artist
Chantel’s passion for art began flourishing at age 11 when she was mentored under local San Diego artists. She continued to study art, largely self-taught, while living in Newport, Rhode Island and Keflavik, Iceland and El Paso, Texas. While enrolled in a college art course, a fellow student introduced her to acrylic paints, and she soon fell in love with the medium but found it to be dominated by abstract art. Her first love was portraiture for which she found little advice. As she dreamed of perfecting her skills as an acrylic portrait artist, Chantel continued to learn from professional oil painters and translated their teachings into acrylic techniques.
In 2006, Chantel opened her own art business called Chantel’s Originals near Memphis, Tennessee. She benefited from workshops and demonstrations with outstanding artists including Dawn Whitelaw, Rose Frantzen, and Marc Hanson. Chantel is a Signature Member of the International Society of Acrylic Painters (ISAP), and a member of the Portrait Society of America (PSoA), National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) and the Chestnut Group. She served as the National Coordinator of the State Ambassador program for the PSoA and past President of Artists’ Link in Memphis, Tennessee.
Chantel has been featured in solo art shows and juried exhibitions. Her award-winning paintings are in private and public collections throughout the United States and overseas. Her work is published in Acrylic Artist magazine, American Art Collector, Southwest Art, The Artist’s Magazine, Fine Art Connoisseur, International Artist Magazine and several books. Chantel resides in Bartlett, Tennessee where she creates and teaches private workshops in her studio. In addition, she teaches workshops throughout the United States and Canada.
- • Outstanding Acrylic – BoldBrush Painting Competition, October 2015
- • 2nd Place – BoldBrush Painting Competition, December 2015
- • Finalist – BoldBrush Painting Competition, February 2017
- • Outstanding Acrylic – BoldBrush Painting Competition, January 2018
- • Finalist – BoldBrush Painting Competition, March 2019
- • Master Class Winner – Art Muse Contest, May 2017
- • Master Class Finalist – Art Muse Contest, October 2017
- • 2017 Annual Award Winner Master Class – Art Muse Contest
- • Master Class Finalist – Art Muse Contest, February 2018
- • Master Class Finalist – Art Muse Contest, November 2018
- • Winner Strokes of Genius 9: Creative Discoveries North Light Books’ 2016 Drawing Competition
- • Winner AcrylicWorks 5: Bold Values North Light Books’ 2017 Acrylics Competition
- • Winner AcrylicWorks 6: Creative Energy North Light Books’ 2018 Acrylics Competition
- • Award of Excellence – National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society 2019 Spring Online International Exhibition
- • Finalist – BoldBrush Painting Competition, August 2019
- • Winner AcrylicWorks 7: Color and Light Peak Media 2019 Acrylics Competition
- • Honorable Mention – International Society of Acrylic Painters All-Member Online Exhibition, December 2019
- • Finalist Outside the Box Category – Portrait Society of America’s Members Only Competition, December 2019