As of July 9, 2020, you can see some of the world’s greatest paintings in person, when the National Gallery became the first UK national museum to reopen.
What You Need to Know:
All visits now need to be booked online, in advance, including entry to see the collection. There are three ways to visit the Gallery:
- Support us by becoming a Member, then book a free ticket to our five-star exhibition ‘Titian: Love, Desire, Death’
- Book a ticket to see Titian which includes entry to see the collection
- Book a ticket for Gallery entry only
Booking is now open for dates until August 16.
Keeping you safe
The museum provides and encourages one-way art routes, 2-metre social distancing, and additional safety measures.
From the gallery: “There’s a world of art waiting to be discovered.”
View this post on Instagram
It’s official: our doors will open on 8 July. We want to reunite the nation with its collection and after making some changes to the Gallery that put your safety, and the safety of our staff, first – this is now possible. All visits must be booked online and in advance. This is to help us manage the number of people in the Gallery, limit queueing and reduce contact. There are three ways to book online. Click the link in our bio to find out more or paste this link into your browser: nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/plan-your-visit We look forward to welcoming you back.
Plan Your Visit to the National Gallery:
Doors open July 8, 2020
Open daily 11am-4pm and Friday until 9pm
Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN
All visitors, including Members, need to book a ticket.
Safety and Hygiene:
- Social distancing: The number of visitors to the Gallery has been reduced so you can maintain social distancing during your visit.
- Face coverings: You are encouraged to wear face coverings, for your safety and the safety of other visitors and staff.
- If you’re feeling unwell: If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms associated with COVID-19, please delay your visit until it is safe to do so.
- Hand sanitizer stations: Hand sanitizer will be available, at regular intervals, for you to use.
- Increased cleaning: The frequency of our cleaning throughout the Gallery has been increased, including toilets and other facilities.
- Protection for our staff: Personal protective equipment (PPE) has been introduced for our staff, including face masks, gloves and eye protection.
- FAQ’s: https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/visiting/reopening-faqs
> Sign up to receive Fine Art Today, our free weekly e-newsletter
> Click here to subscribe to Fine Art Connoisseur magazine, so you never miss an issue
> Join us for Realism Live, October 2020