Contemporary Fine Art Landscapes > The Plein Air Salon, a monthly art competition, rewards artists with $33,000 in cash prizes and exposure of their work, with the winning painting featured on the cover of Plein Air magazine.
In this roundup, view the works of 10 winning paintings from the recent January and February cycles. If you’re interested in learning more about a specific painting, please visit the artist’s website to see if the work is still available and to browse more of their works.
1. “Foothills” by Michele Usibelli
2. “Coal Carts, Winter” by Karl Terry
3. “Moonlit Whispers” by Paula Holtzclaw
4. “Winter Light” by Anthony Cairo
5. “Morning Light In River Falls” by Ben Bauer
6. “Crisp Morning at Smith Rock” by Barbara Jaenicke
7. “Saddle Peak in December” by Aaron Schuerr
8. “Morning Light” by Michael Situ
9. “Morning Theatre” by Matthew Ryder
10. “Q Road Sunset” by Jane Hunt
Visit PleinAirSalon.com to view all of the winners from the January and February 2021 and earlier cycles.
Winners in each monthly competition of the Plein Air Salon may receive recognition and exposure through Plein Air magazine’s print magazine, e-newsletter, and social media, as well as through Fine Art Today. Winners of each competition will also be entered into the annual competition which will take place at the Plein Air Convention & Expo May 17-20, 2022 in Santa Fe, NM.
> Visit EricRhoads.com to learn about more opportunities for artists and art collectors, including retreats, international art trips, art conventions, and more.
> Sign up to receive Fine Art Today, our free weekly e-newsletter
> Subscribe to Fine Art Connoisseur magazine, so you never miss an issue